Saturday, March 26, 2005

Gluttony

Yesterday, I was able to clean our room. Salamat. But I haven’t organized our desk and my cabinet. I still have today and tomorrow.

We did Stations of the cross last night and had a late night dinner at our favorite Wai Ying. If you love dimsum and Chinese food, Wai Ying’s the place to be.hehe The prices are reasonable and delicious. I love Hakaw, that’s shrimp dumpling, their siomai is great. Before I always have their roasted duck with rice, but the duck fat sometimes gets so rich for my palate. My brother loves their Asado rice, my sister always orders their Mixed Congee and my Dad loves their Soy Chicken Mami. If you’re wondering where this is, it’s in Binondo. It’s a small place but we always find it always packed with people who love eating as much as my family does.

My family loves dining out, well eating is really the best word. Our delicious finds ranges from the best bulalo to the best mango pudding. But really, our family eating and that usually makes up our family time.

Sosings – it’s a carinderia at Vito Cruz Manila. For those who know Cash and Carry might know this place where the best Filipino meals are served. They have the best Caldereta, that even if I don’t like spicy foods I appreciated it.

Becky’s Kitchen – I think a lot has discovered this shop. It’s also in Vito Cruz, they have the best Walnut Brownies, food for the gods, tarts, and they’ve got it. If you have a sweet tooth, you better head here. During Christmas, as early as November, orders pile up, it’s hard to make reservations and order ahead, you usually have to go there early in the morning to make sure you can get your goodies for they run out early.

Don Henrico’s – my family’s favorite is their Buffalo Chicken, when they started out it was Buffalo Chicken, but they’ve changed it, and I guess to give customers the choice cuts of the chicken they would like.

Shopwise’s Ensaymada –the yummiest and would you belive they sell this mini ensaymada’s for 49.50 for 6! My brother can finish the a whole box in a minute.

Sugar Cane Juice and Soy Milk – you know Tubo? We know this store in Ongpin that sells the Tubo juice. You could actually see it as they take the tubo in the machine (a juicer, I suppose) that takes out the juice and the tubo comes out flat. We buy and I think it’s the best soy milk, in Wai Ying. The soy milk has texture and I think that makes it yummier.

Hungry Pac and Kookie Corner- I’m not really a chocolate fan, but when my mom bought home a chocolate cake form cookie corner, I was a convert. It’s not too sweet, just has the right chocolatey flavor. Hungry Pac, also has their own yummy Chocolate cake you wouldn’t mind taking another slice.

Belgian Waffle – At Starbucks of course, my favorite syrup is caramel. Before I liked strawberry, but when my friend Jen ordered caramel, I found it to be the best partner of coffee. My dad loves chocolate of course, but what he loves the best is the whipped cream.

Talaba- when I was growing up, we would go to cavite and have fresh talaba. Oysters, if you don’t know talaba. Oysters could actually give you a bad stomach once not eaten fresh or served right. It’s best to eat it with vinegar, as it slightly cooks it. I love oysters. And just last year, as we discovered Market Market, we also discovered Marina at their food court. They serve fresh oysters, and a bucket is only P150. My sister and I could finish a bucket for dinner.

Actually, these are just a few of my family’s food favorites. I might have forgotten to write the others. But really, having to share good food and conversation that makes these special to my family and me.

No comments: