Monday, March 21, 2005

f.r.i.e.n.d.s

I don’t know why, but I might be known in High school as the girl who had a lot of friends. no, not the type who was friends with everyone. I had new set of Friends almost every year, but those who I’ve treasured are those who I still see every now and then. And I think it’s a good way of emotional exercise (if there is such a thing) to keep in touch with your friends, esp. your high school friends.

I got an unexpected text from my good friend Joy, we were supposed to see each other in our friend’s despida, but because of my thesis I wasn’t able to come. Here’s her text : Hi kaye! Kagagaling ko lang sa party ni romi, ewan ko ba bakit kita naisip kanina pa.hay, I juz realize some things kc yung situation k andami kong naging close nung HS but only a few talaga yung tingin ko na magsstay.kaye, alam ko na hindi nman tayo kabonded lately pro ewan ikaw yung naisiip ko na 1friend from HS na gsto ko makasama for a long tym.pls stay kaye.i wana share my life with you..andrama noh..wala lang..J mahal kita.

And no, she’s not lesbian. Her text may just sound like that. hehe but really, I appreciated that Joy sees me like that. When friends like joy and actually all my HS friends (they are the best), it makes me feel that at least I’ve done well. And makes me want to pay it forward. And this entry is for my friends who have accepted me as the crazy little woman that I am.

To Nina – who keeps us all laughing. Who never runs out of her funny antics and punch lines. The friend I had to share the whole summer before college with on the phone, talking about pancit canton and not having a school.

To Jen – who inspires me to be the best person. Who taught me the art of being nice to people who aren’t not so nice and you don’t like. And I wouldn’t forget the time when I thought the whole world will judge me, the first thing that she said was “so,how are you?”

To Florida- the one that insipires all of us and makes us all say “wow” and “amazing”. With all that she has achieved. She taught us that perseverance and hard work pays off.

To Vanessa – the one who’s always demanding with gimiks, the one who never fails to amaze us with her sometimes deadma reaction. And the one who’s giving us the first baby of the barkada.

To Dang – not much to say about dang, aside from always not being able to give us gifts on Christmas, she really does not belong in the group. hehe joke lang dang!

To Gian- my best friend of almost 8 years, she’s just the best when it comes to hearing me out and laughing at my stupid jokes. The best friend everyone would wish to have.

To Anne- the girl who always smiles even when there’s no reason. The girl with the shampoo commercial hair. Anne has been always matiyaga to plan out our get togethers and drives for us in our gimiks

To Romi- who has been a part of my life since Grade 6, we might have lost touch bt just like gian, we could pick it off from where we left it. I know that even if we have not been able to communicate lately, I know she considers me a friend and so do i.

To joy- who inspired me to write all this, if you’ll be able to read this, im sorry I wrote ur message here without your permission. And be assured that I’ll always be here no matter what.

To Pam- the bestfriend I thought I lost. and now the mommy of my inaanak aiken. She has been a friend for 7 years now, and when she said that she’s getting me as her first born’s god mother, I was touched. That made me realize how much she still values our friendship.

To Jho – the funniest gal I’ve ever met, next to Niña of course. She speaks her mind, and tells you as it is. The kind of an honest friend you sometimes don’t want to have.


College buddies:

To Tonet- my tiborcia jowa. I love you for being the kind, understanding, and supportive friend that you are to me. I thank you for your friendship and goodness you’ve shared with my bf and me. My days in EAC were not wasted because of your company.

To Larcy- I know I may sometimes forget that you are the first friend I had in EAC. But I hope you know that I’ll always be grateful for the friendship we have and if there’s one person I know who will listen when I talk, and only give advice when I ask to, its you. So thank you for being the audience I’ve always wanted to have.

To Jeline- whom I only got to be close lately, thanks to thesis. Thanks for the don’t call just text help and only a few people have gained my respect and one of those is you. Thanks for the friendship. You will not be forgotten.

To Gaiety- ang babaeng N.R. I’m happy that we’ve been able to get close before this year ended and I treasure the moments we had, specially when we got to talk. Also, thanks for listening to my yakking din.

To Froilan- the only rose among the thorns.. Froilan is the kind of person you would want to be on your side..mahirap kaaway si froilan that’s why I’m lucky to be her friend! I will miss you as soon as school starts for you and work for me!


And I would just want to end this entry by again, thanking everyone who’s been part of my life. For the memories and things you’ve taught me. I wouldn’t be who I am today if our paths didn’t crossed.

I can only wish for each and everyone’s happiness, and i hope we can keep the friendship that we share...

No comments: