Friday, June 03, 2005

moving forward?

Why does it seem that everytime i tell close friends that I am going some place this month they are all "Whoa! Good for you!"

And these past few days that I've been catching up with friends, trying to make up for the lost time, and trying to spend the time i have left, they all seem to be happy and they say it's great news.

It is. really. but first everyone should know that its not for vacation but for a family emergency's sake. it seems like, everyone thinks that it would be fun fun fun! lalalala! opportunity! i mean, Im going there to help my Tita. Although, yah, its an opportunity to travel, travel alone and be in the place i love since the first time i saw it. but hey its not all wows and ahhs!

a friend was telling me, that i could get a job, and apply for a working visa maybe stay there for good and im like, wait! i am not going there for employment.

i know, it's an opportunity and who knows, but my main purpose and only goal is to help my dear tita, who has been good to me and my family. yes, maybe if an opportunity rises, well, why not? i know a lot of people who'd do anything to be given a chance to work there. but if it will defeat my purpose, i wouldn't think twice in dropping it.

and has anyone thought of the family i'll be leaving here?

i know, this is not the country some of us would choose to be part of right now with all the crises were in. but i don't think leaving the country is the solution. i don't think that moving forward means moving forward to a different place, a different country.

i mean, it's not so bad. i may sound so patriotic but what's so bad about that?

and i remember the paper i submitted to my teacher in ENGCOM1, about the SONA of former President Estrada, he wrote a note saying..."What have you done lately?"
because in my paper i wrote that although, He had so many plans undone, he should not be solely blamed for our country's situation.

so, i might be leaving Manila for a while, but I am definitely coming back to my home..

1 comment:

louiselopez said...

bitch! san ka punta? have you watched sin city? sama ka sa min this sat!