Monday, June 20, 2005

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY

It’s so hard to write about those close to your heart, so I’ll just make this simple and short.

22 years ago, this man’s life changed. He became a young father at 18.

Today, he is the father of 3 children. And for those 3, he is their Handyman and their favorite person to make fun of. And he’s ok with that.

A lot say I look a lot like him. My mom says we have a lot of things in common, in terms of our attitude. There are times that I resent that, but when I think about it is true.

I remember him saying, fathers should not be troubled about their daughters decision with the men they will be with…cause what always happen is that daughters look for men who are like their dads.

I think so too, but if I am so like my dad, I shouldn’t be looking for another me. Rather, I should look for someone like my mom with whom my papa has found a great companion.

So, even if there are times that he’s not my favorite person in the world. HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to my papa, who will always be the first man I have loved.

Buding, Dondi, Mama, and I LOVES YOU!!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY also to:

Lolo Tony
Lolo Pinong
Tito Mike
Tito Jojo
Tito Willy
Kuya Derek
Tito Leonard
Tito Arnel
Tito Joseph
Tito Rommel
Tito Roy
Niño
Allen
Jeff

And to all the fathers who will be able to read this.

No comments: