Monday, May 30, 2005

Im still alive

I totally forgot! Its Kikaye’s 1st birthday this month!!!! Its been a year of blah blah and fun of making myself heard or should I say read. thanks for all those who take their time to drop by and catch up with me.

There’s not much going on that is worth writing, so I have been absent in my own sanctuary.

In the past two weeks, there was a chance or a thought I should say of employment. But I was rejected having not being able to answer what the interviewer wanted to hear. Or should I say what she wanted to get or maybe she didn’t hear what she always does.

At the same time, the plans of me going to help a relative became clearer and sooner.

I think what had happened was just meant to be.

I am looking forward on this trip, being able to help and the thought of traveling alone for the first time is a good thing but I couldn’t help but think of all the things, places and specially people that I am going to miss.

I will not be able to cook dinner anymore for my family every night. I might miss the chance of helping my sister plan for her debut, although I already thought of just emailing and chatting with her to make the necessary arrangements. Princess might not remember me anymore when I get back 6 months later. Soap operas every night after dinner and during dinner.

I will miss birthdays of friends: Nina, Gian, Anne, Mira and of course Jog’s. It could have been his second birthday together but as fate would have it, we have to celebrate it miles apart.

I am going to miss everything about our house, and my bumming around. Its just some of the things that I’m going to miss.

Yesterday, Jog took me to Roxas Boulevard. We ate siomai, squid balls, balut, dirty ice cream, fries and Mc Float. Just one of the most creative dates Jog has taken me to, he also wrote me a poem. It was funny, mayabang but heartfelt. It was the assurance I needed.

I am blessed with a loving family, reliable and trustworthy friends, and a boyfriend who is caring, funny, honest, mushy at times and crazy. I always say this, but I am the luckiest girl. I may sound arrogant but I guess I’m just grateful.

No comments: