Tuesday, January 25, 2005

my sister my enemy



I wrote that when i was in third grade. An essay, actually it was more of an attempt to make an essay. It was that early, i was 9, that i wanted to write. Or actually thought i could write.

You see, Buding as we all call her,(Alexis to her friends) is 5 years younger than I am. When she was born, i wasnt really crazy about her. though i wasn't jealous, let me make that clear, i was just used to being myself and being the only kid around the house. Although i remember joining her in her crib drinking milk, still form the bottle and kinda play with her. I remember rescuing her after her yaya left her in the room sleeping and got locked. I had to climb on top of the door and jump from above the little hole my Tito made for me to get inside.

I was used to playing alone, having imaginary friends, being the first grandchild on both sides and being the only pamangkin my aunts and uncles are fond of. So when we we're growing up, and she can play with me na, I wasn't crazy-happy at all. I should say, we didn't click.

But now, that I'm on my 20's (and would still want to remain that age even after 10 years) and she's turning 17, we've actually grown closer together. Thankfully. Our parents couldnt be any happier.

We're actually not only roomates, we're currently bedmates due to the very cold weather. Actually, it started during the rainy season, there's a leak from the roof on our room, and sakto sa bed niya. There was this time, it rained so hard her bed was soaked and we needed mga pails para masalo yung tulo ng water. Of course she couldn't sleep there, and we ended up to sleep together until now.

It's actually fun, although sometimes we still get into each other's nerves. But it will always end up her making kwento about her school and the things she did that day, her teasing me on the things i do, on me being gullible and me being a nag to our little brother and my boyfriend. Or me trying to please her (all of us in the family are takot to her), me making kwento, me asking her to teach me on my NatSci subject.

I never told her this, but i hope this makes up for it.

I appreciate her and the things she does specially for me, and I'm proud of her dancing and being a cheerleader (although there was a time i teased her for that). I'm proud that she's matured and sometimes she acts like the "ate". I know there's a whole world out there for her to explore and conquer.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDING!

2 comments:

louiselopez said...

si buding ba yon or ikaw sa right? parang ang payat mo dyan sa pic ah! :P

kathleen said...

haha! thanks!!! that's buding wearing a tank top, tpos me, conservative chuva..hehehe payat na naman talaga ako ah!!!!hehehe just remeber the id pic of the fatso..