Saturday, October 29, 2005

YOU LIVE, YOU LEARN, YOU CHOOSE

I have a few weeks left. I am going back home. And it's been a great experience.

I have realized my potentials, my limits, and my goals. Although not so clear with my goals yet, but I'm there.

There we're emotional baggages that I finally unpacked. It was a journey not everybody was given the chance to take. I'm going home with a few important lessons learned.

I learned that there is no place like home. That in as much as I always say I'm independent, well, I had no idea!

I learned that the friends you have in the ups and downs, no matter how busy and distant you are, will make their presence felt in every little way they can. And how much important to have these people to have specially when you are miles apart.


I learned that everything is a choice. Nobody expects you to always make the right ones, but I think you owe it to yourself to make your choice the right one for you.

I learned to appreciate. Not only what I have, but what those have given me. What those have made me.

I learned that not only does distance makes the heart grow fonder, but it also makes it stronger, more patient and more kind.

I learned how sometimes a simple remark can be so meaningful it changes everything you thought you've already decided on.

I learned that that although there is still so much for me to learn, to experience, I believe I've grown up. I may still like reading Seventeen and will miss watching Laguna Beach, but I have come of age. But I hope MTV Pinas will have Laguna Beach.


I learned that what I really like and love doing is there all along, I just didn't recognize it then.

I learned to look at the other side. There are two-sides in every story.

I learned why the tenth commmandment is You shall not covet your neighbor's house, nor his wife, his man-servant, his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is your neighbor's.

I learned that there is a reason for everything, and life has its own way of putting back things in its proper places.

And with that, I think this year is the end of the beginning.

No comments: