Friday, June 04, 2004

the reason

the reason

I’m in love!

My little brother caught me off guard when he asked me about my new beau. He asked me how was he different from my former bf and how I feel. I told him all the reasons why I love my baby (that's our not-so-unique term of endearment)and how I wanted this to be “it”. When he just gave me his “im-not-convinced-so-I’ll-just-pretend-I-am-look” and I asked him why he simply answered “that’s also what you said about the-ex-bf . With that I had to re-evaluate my feelings and convince myself that this time my new relationship really is for keeps despite what brother have just said.

This only validates most of our beliefs that whenever we are in a relationship, we (both guys and girls are guilty on this) would think that this is “it”. Of course who wouldn’t? I mean we take the risks and be in a relationship, work on that relationship only hoping for the best and make it the one for us.

In this lifetime I’ve fallen in love for a total of 4 times already, plus now, so 5 times all in all. And for all those 4 times I’ve felt love and being loved, it just didn’t last. And for the 5th time I’ve felt it again and sige na nga for the benefit of the talk I had with my brother rather than I say I want this to be it, I would rather say, I hope and I pray that this is it.

Each day, I have the reason to smile and look forward to tomorrow because I have someone I share and end my days with.

No comments: