Monday, August 22, 2005

on the streets of berkeley

i couldn't believe myself when my tito brought me near the UCBerkeley campus. Aside from SFO downtown, there is another place i could enjoy. The place was hip, due to all the college students wandering around, and hanging out at the Cafe's and Resto's. and so what could be a better place than a place where there are a lot of bookstores. as ive said before, take me to a bookstore, and i'd glady be lost in it.

I was debating on buying angels and demons, shopahalic takes manhattan and trading up at Cobys. And then the very kuripot me couldn't convince myself to spend 7.99$ plus tax on a paperback book. so i told myself, there's a lot of bookstores around the area,plus why would i let this pass? when i scored a 5$ The Rule of four copy in Costco and another 11$ both for The Wedding and The Notebook at Target. So i said, no, i'll look around.

There we're little stalls, actually,just tables on the sidewalks, mostly selling accesories. there was one man, who was making rings,keychains etc, from spoons! yes spoons! i was going to buy one,but i told myself, the plan of the day was for books. but when i passed by this other man,who was also selling silver accesories,i couldn't resist on buying a pair of hoops.it was actually not cheap (converting!!!) but i knew it was a good buy,since i've been looking around for hoops in manila, but i never found this kind, its thin and the hook was good. so there. and then i bought something for jog and i to wear. im not gonna say what it was, coz i know he passes by this blog sometimes..(kinda checking on me..haha)

and then we found MOE's, which was haven for used books. I found Shopaholic in Manhattan plus Angels and Demons, paperback and its half the retail price!!!ah! i got both!patience is really a virtue.. so i was all giddy, and excited about my fab finds.

and then, we ate dinner at in and out. i had cheeseburger and their fresh french fries,why fresh? it's from real potatoes, and they peel and cut on the day it is served. that's what they are known for. and its true,its good.

so today, im $20 poorer but 2 books and some silver richer!


No comments: