Thursday, September 09, 2004

life check

Friday
September 3,2004

The Notebook


It’s one of my favorite novels by Nicholas Sparks. And I love the movie.

I watched it with Jog in SM Southmall, sabi pa nga nya, we should have watched it sa Alabang Town or Glorietta and spent 100+ pesos kasi the movie was worth it.

I cried when I read the book and as expected I cried watching it. Jog kept showing me his goose bumps when Noah said “it’s not yet over” and when Allie said “do you think that our love can make miracles?” super kinalibutan si Jog.

After the movie, he asked me if it was just like in the book, and we both kept saying their love is unbelievably true.

I’m glad he enjoyed and liked the movie. The last movie we saw kasi, nung Monday lang. Princess Diaries, he was bored. So buti nakabawi ako.

If you guys haven’t watched the movie, you wouldn’t regret watching it.

Monday
September 6, 2004

Tell me what I don’t like Mondays…

Oh well, during my 10 a.m. class our teacher we’re bursting with fruit flavor! Actually it was the opposite. Super galit talaga siya to the whole class. Kasi last Saturday, we used the broadcast studio and naiwan yung aircon na bukas for 2 days!!! Kanina lng na discover.

Sino naiwan nahuli sa studio? One of them was I. Tonet and Larcy were the ones who switched off the lights and well, they left the aircon. Kasi nman hindi nila alam mag patay noh and hindi nila alam na bukas pa because the lights we’re off na! Not that I’m siding with them, (of course I am) kaya lng meron nman kasi talagang naka-assign to do that, so it was not their responsibility/our responsibility.

Our president is a friend of ours (Froilan), pero kanina umaga, when our teacher was blaming my 2 friends larcy and tonet, I had to say something.

I felt it was Froilan’s responsibility being the president and having called that meeting. And he was actually not claiming any responsibility for what happened. He kept on looking for others to blame, when in fact dapat siya ang umako ng responsibilidad and in the first place adjourned the meeting and left the studio with us. Kasi hindi pa daw tpos yung meeting, but he left and so everybody thought tapos na. No officers we’re residing the meeting, nung umalis nga kami, nagulat pa kami na aalis na at kami na lng pala tao.

Well anyways, tonet and larcy talked to our teacher na, who is still very mad at all of us.

I made cheesecakes today! I have orders kasi sa office nila mama.

And while making those, I saw Bamboo sa Ok fine Whatever! He’s really cute, pero he’s losing weight. And he has nice legs; I saw it last week when Pipol featured rock bands.

And Star Movies were airing one of my favorite movies…Reality Bites. And because of that movie, my ideal guy was like Troy Dyer. (Ethan Hawke’s character)

Here are just few of my favorite lines from the movie:


Lelaina: I mean, these job interviews, Troy... The word “vivesection” a staggering understatement. I mean, can you define irony?
Troy:: Its when the actual meaning is the complete opposite from the literal meaning.
Lelaina: My God, where were you when I needed you today?

Lelaina: Troy, aren't you excited?
Troy: I'm bursting with fruit flavor.

Michael: Have I stepped over some line in the sands of coolness with you, because excuse me if somebody doesn't know the secret handshake with you.

Troy: There's no secret handshake. There's an IQ prerequisite, but there's no secret handshake.

Troy: Did he dazzle you with his extensive knowledge of mineral water or was it his in-depth analysis of Marky Mark that finally reeled you in? I just would have liked to have been there to watch how you rationalized sleeping with a yuppie-head cheeseball on the first date.
Lelaina: He's not a yuppie.
Troy: He's the reason why Cliff's Notes were invented.

Lelaina:: Why are you acting like a jealous boyfriend all of a sudden?
Troy:: I... am not acting like anything. I am calmly reading.

Troy: There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a quarter-pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter becomes a cackle... and I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Well, watched their episode last night. The guy was a great ice skater. He’s married; his wife is also an ice skater and is Italian. They look so beautiful together!

The guy’s clothing make over we’re all Armani, he was taught how to make raviolis, and you could really see he’s gladly doing this for his wife and that they really love each other.

After enjoying the show, I called up the boyfriend and wanted to tell him that I love him, but I couldn’t… nahihiya ako…ngayon pa!

But before we hanged up, I managed to say I love you, without sounding so cheesy and clingy and annoying. And I thought he liked it.

Ah! Love…






No comments: